Since I was young clothes and accesories have felt like joy to me. Being dramatic is in my blood and bones and I remember dancing around to choreographed and costumed performances (with yellow flowers in hair) of Copacabana. I also never wore a pair of jeans when I was young because they didn't feel right. They didn't move with my body, they were tight and those buttons! The first time I put on a vest (um, yes, they were a thing) I thought my skin was being eaten by it, you could not tear it off fast enough. Learning years later that I was highly sensitive also came along with the invention of the stretch jean. We just get better. I love being covered in rings and bracelets, it grounds me. I feel my best when I have tight leggings and tank tops as my first layer of clothing; in the summer, the only layer I need.
Every Instagram picture with one of my dramatic treasures usually gets the ask of where did you get that. Here are some of those answers.
1. Twisted Whimsy Designs. Phoenix Rising.
2. Super Love Tees. Do all things with love. Or seriously, just get one of each.
3. I found this scarf/wrap (mine was without wool, sensitive to that wool I am) at this Etsy shop, it was one of a kind but they have a similar one in blue that is gorgeous.
4. Teeki. My magical unicorn leggings. Oh yes. Oh yes. Lisa (also a yummy treasure herself) shares my love of all things amazing and sent me a text telling me I must get these leggings. They are so good. High waist. Triangle crotch, I mean, smart. The funkiest patterns ever. The unicorn pattern seems to be a bit hard to find now. You can't see in this photo but two beautiful white unicorns are on the back of the leggings.
5. Raising Unicorns. To go with the magic lifestyle of course.
6. Mermaid on Unicorn. #dramatictreasures
7. All unicorns need metallic tattoos. I get mine here, they sell out from time to time but usually come right back in stock.
8. Marcella Moda. My all time most delicious find. As though she is reading my mind when designing her clothes. As a woman with a belly I need some draping but I love when things are tight. This shirt and most of her clothes are magic for me.
9. You call it utility belt, I call it modern woman's fanny pack. I get stopped in Whole Foods every time with someone wanting to know where I got it. It is that sexy. LeilaMos, totally gorgeous etsy shop.
10. Sea of Wolves Design. Henna style wing print bamboo leggings with high waist. Yum.
11. I have crazy hair. It bends, curls, waves and is straight. So I work with it. My hair routine is so crazy that I won't even tell you, but I get asked all the time what I use. It is this cream and this spray. I am an addict of Trader Joe's conditioner. I wash my hair only 2-3 times a week. The less, the healthier and more crazy it gets. It takes some time to train your hair to not need washing. It has been months and now I can easily let it go. The winter makes me want to condition it a bit more often, without the humidity it can be a bit dry.
12. Warrior shield ring. From Mountain Lust. I am in love with this shop. Follow Taryn on Instagram at mountainlustjewelry and you'll see why. She is gorgeous in all the ways. I needed to call some serious warrior love into my life and somehow found this ring quite accidentally. Or, not. ;)