Want to move into the gorgeous life and have a little raw kale, butterflies fluttering on your head kind of fun? Of course you do!
Each Sunday I will be posting a new Hey Gorgeous tip that is simple and fun. I am a believer that what we put out we attract and I am looking for some simple and some fun. I want my tribe to feel sexy and gorgeous and inspired. I want you to pay-it-forward when you feel inspired by a tid-bit and create the ripple that the joy of loving yourself up, healthy style brings. Yes, that means we might have to share this with the guys (*wink* at the guys who are here already)!
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I know that you are in a rush, a rush to get to the end of the day or finish something. When you rush to finish your food, sorry gorgeous, this isn't working for your joyful life. I'm going to slow you down baby.
I know you thought smoothies were your ticket to fast moving in the morning or through the afternoon. Smoothies have become your secret weapon to moving faster and getting to...wherever you are going way too fast. Sorry, it's time chew. Saliva contains salivary amylase, which helps to break down the carbohydrates. It starts as soon as you look at your delicious green smoothie and your mouth starts watering. Yes, a good blender makes it easier to get in a huge amount of greens, and the smoothies are so good, but you still need to give them a chew, even the smooth silky ones.
It's not just the smoothies that need some toothy love, but everything you eat. Slow down. Your body is aware of every thought you think, if you are rushing, your body knows that it won't be able to truly digest your food in the most beneficial ways. We are going to slow you down today. Let your saliva and all the other digestive enzymes do their job. Stop rushing to nowhere, let's be here now.
- Put down your fork in between bites. When a bite goes in, your fork gently lays on your plate, and you chew.
- Grab a pair of eco-chic chopsticks, some nice bamboo ones that you can re-use. Chopsticks slow anyone down.
- Eat with amazing company. You will talk, laugh, enjoy and savor when you are with beautiful people.
- Honor the process. Think about the work you ask your body to do every time you eat. Show some gratitude and slow down.
- Remember you are living in your temple. Act accordingly.
- Make it fun, challenge yourself. Can you chew one bite 50 times, it's harder than you think. (Kids love this one!)
You ready to take your next tip for living the gorgeous life and allow it to change your life?