Each Sunday I will be posting a new Hey Gorgeous tip that is simple and fun. I am a believer that what we put out we attract and I am looking for some simple and some fun. I want my tribe to feel sexy and gorgeous and inspired. I want you to pay-it-forward when you feel inspired by a tid-bit and create the ripple that the joy of loving yourself up, healthy style brings. Yes, that means we might have to share this with the guys (*wink* at the guys who are here already)!
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Which came first - the good feeling or the reason we feel so sparkly and good? There's a riddle to solve! Sometimes we need to give ourselves a little push to get to where we want to be. Like the classic refusal to buy nice clothes until you lose weight. What if you have your chicken and egg backwards? Perhaps some nice clothes is what could bring you to lose the weight and move down into the size you want.
Hmn, I've got you thinking now. I love to do that.
If we are always waiting for the chicken to come from the egg, but refusing to acknowledge that the chicken lays the egg, we might be missing some serious opportunity in the gorgeous department. When we allow ourselves to feel good in the now, we draw more feel good into our lives. It feels good to be a comfortable weight for our body. When you dress the body you have with gorgeous and sparkle, you just might start feeling and treating your body with the same.
Impressions matter, and that impression you get each day, staring back at you in the mirror, is the most important. It starts with you. Is it a waste of money to treat yourself like the beautiful creature you are now? Chicken and the egg, you can wait around to find out, but I say jump in and celebrate you today.
Here are some quick ideas for some gorgeous now:
- put on a little mascara on a day when you usually lounge around the house, notice the difference
- find some beautiful shoes that when you wear them, make you feel your sparkle, try to find comfy ones!
- get yourself the most amazing pair of jeans, and wear them, love them, show them off
- treat yourself to a face lotion that is natural and when you put it on makes you feel like you were just spa-ing
- green juice in the morning and notice how your insides feel, all dressed up...drink it in a beautiful glass
- check out your closet, are you holding onto clothes 3 sizes ago - let them go
- go a little outside your comfort zone, try big earrings or bright lipstick, maybe a funky pattern instead of black
Stop waiting for the feel good to happen when you lose weight, get this job, make more money, kids grow up - grab it now. The now is a really gorgeous place to be.